Business, management and marketing courses
Browse courses by subject
People with business acumen and the ability to lead are always in high demand. Studying business, management or marketing can help you excel in the world of business and commerce.
With a business-related degree, you'll be ready to climb the corporate ladder, start a business of your own, or bring new products and services to market. We'll help nurture your entrepreneurial spirit, good people management abilities and great problem-solving skills, and show you how to use these skills in the business world.
You can study disciplines like marketing, project management and international business, and gain knowledge to make you invaluable to organisations worldwide.
- Business and Human Resource Management BA (Hons)
- Business and Management BA (Hons)
- Business and Management FdA
- Business and Supply Chain Management BSc (Hons)
- Business HND
- Business with Business Communication (Top-up) BA (Hons)
- Business Management and Entrepreneurship BA (Hons)
- Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship (Business, Leadership and Management) BA (Hons)
- Digital Marketing BA (Hons)
- Finance with Business Communication (Top-up) BA (Hons)
- International Business BA (Hons)
- Leadership, Business and Management (Top-up) BA (Hons)
- Marketing BA (Hons)
- Project Manager Degree Apprenticeship (Project Management) BSc (Hons)
- Business and Management MSc - An EFMD accredited programme
- Business and Management MPhil and PhD
- Digital Business Management MSc
- Digital Marketing MA
- Human Resource Management MSc
- Human Resource Management PgDip
- Human Resource Development and Training Management PgDip
- Human Resource Development (Top Up) MSc
- Human Resource Management (Top Up) MSc
- International Business and Management MSc
- International Human Resource Management MSc
- International Marketing MA
- Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship MSc
- Leadership and Management (Top Up) MSc
- Marketing Analytics MA
- Project Management MSc
- Risk, Crisis and Resilience Management MSc
- Risk and Safety Leadership (Degree Apprenticeship) MSc
- Strategic Leadership MBA
- Strategic Leadership (Degree Apprenticeship) MBA
- Strategic Quality Management (Distance Learning) MSc
1. Choose a subject that interests you
We offer a range of business courses so you can focus on a topic you're passionate about. Several of our business courses share a common first year too, so you can switch to a different degree if you decide to focus on a different area of business.
2. Gain professional experience
Our links with employers and organisations mean you can take an optional paid placement year with big names like Rolls Royce and Fujitsu, or with local digital agencies like Lead Forensics. Or, you can set up your own business supported by our expertise.
3. Access world-class support
Many of our courses benefit from the Small Business Charter silver award. This shows that our Faculty offers world-class support to students and local businesses. We've held this award since 2015, and were awarded the accreditation for another 5 years in 2021.
4. Build your transferable and business skills
Our business, management and marketing degrees will give you highly sought after skills to open doors to careers across almost every industry and sector at home or abroad, whatever you choose to do after you graduate.
5. Join the UK's most entrepreneurial city
Portsmouth was named the UK's Most Entrepreneurial City 2020 (Instant Offices). Between 2019 and 2020, the number of new business launched in Portsmouth grew by 33%.
The support of the Business School was fantastic...the lecturers were so supportive and helpful.
Portsmouth Business School courses are accredited by
AACSB Business Alliance Member
Find out how you can discover the city, the University and our campus at one of our Open Days and Open Evenings.
Explore our island city and its many attractions, and find out what student life is really like at the University.