Find the business, management and marketing course for you
If you're looking at a career in business, management or marketing, we've got the course to help get you there
People with business acumen and the ability to lead are always in high demand. Studying business, management or marketing can help you excel in the world of business and commerce.
With a business-related degree, you'll be ready to climb the corporate ladder, start a business of your own, or bring new products and services to market. We'll help nurture your entrepreneurial spirit, good people management abilities and great problem-solving skills, and show you how to use these skills in the business world.
You can study disciplines like marketing, project management and international business, and gain knowledge to make you invaluable to organisations worldwide.
Our accreditations include:
Business, management and marketing degrees
- Business and Human Resource Management BA (Hons)
- Business and Management BA (Hons)
- Business and Supply Chain Management BSc (Hons)
- Business HND
- Business with Business Communication (Top-up) BA (Hons)
- Business Management and Entrepreneurship BA (Hons)
- Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship (Business, Leadership and Management) BA (Hons)
- Digital Marketing BA (Hons)
- Finance with Business Communication (Top-up) BA (Hons)
- International Business BA (Hons)
- Marketing BA (Hons)
- Project Manager Degree Apprenticeship (Project Management) BSc (Hons)
- Business and Management MSc - An EFMD accredited programme
- Business and Management MPhil and PhD
- Digital Business Management MSc
- Digital Marketing MA
- Global Human Resource Management (Study online MSc)
- Global Professional Doctorate in Business Administration (Study online) DBA
- Human Resource Management MSc
- Human Resource Management PgDip
- Human Resource Development and Training Management PgDip
- Human Resource Development (Top Up) MSc
- Human Resource Management (Top Up) MSc
- International Business and Management MSc
- International Human Resource Management MSc
- International Marketing MA
- Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship MSc
- Leadership and Management (Top Up) MSc
- Marketing Analytics MA
- Project Management MSc
- Risk, Crisis and Resilience Management MSc
- Risk, Crisis and Resilience Management (Study online) MSc
- Risk and Safety Leadership (Degree Apprenticeship) MSc
- Strategic Leadership MBA
- Strategic Leadership (Degree Apprenticeship)
- Strategic Procurement MSc
- Strategic Quality Management (Distance Learning) MSc
What can you do with a business management degree?
Find out what business management is, what jobs you can do with a business management degree, and if this is the degree for you.
14 September 2021
4 min read
What can you do with a digital marketing degree?
9 December 2021
3 min read
What can you do with a Marketing degree?
22 December 2021
4 min read
The support of the Business School was fantastic...the lecturers were so supportive and helpful.
Lucy Bull, BA (Hons) Marketing
Why study business, management and marketing at Portsmouth?
1. Choose a subject that interests you
We offer a range of business courses so you can focus on a topic you're passionate about. Several of our business courses share a common first year too, so you can switch to a different degree if you decide to focus on a different area of business.
2. Gain professional experience
Our links with employers and organisations mean you can take an optional paid placement year with big names like Rolls Royce and Fujitsu, or with local digital agencies like Lead Forensics. Or, you can set up your own business supported by our expertise.
3. Access world-class support
Many of our courses benefit from the Small Business Charter silver award. This shows that our Faculty offers world-class support to students and local businesses. We've held this award since 2015, and were awarded the accreditation for another 5 years in 2021.
4. Build your transferable and business skills
Our business, management and marketing degrees will give you highly sought after skills to open doors to careers across almost every industry and sector at home or abroad, whatever you choose to do after you graduate.
5. Join the UK's most entrepreneurial city
Portsmouth was named the UK's Most Entrepreneurial City 2020 (Instant Offices). Between 2019 and 2020, the number of new business launched in Portsmouth grew by 33%.
Do I need a degree to be an entrepreneur?
11 January 2022
4 min read
Why you should take a business placement year
24 March 2022
5 min read
Studying Human Resource Management at the University of Portsmouth
Greg Bowen completed his BA in Business and Human Resource Management and MSc in Human Resource Management, and here he reflects on his experiences at the University of Portsmouth
23 June 2022
Abderrahman Echchahed: My experience as an international student
11 May 2022
4 min read
How Do You Get a Business Degree While Working Full Time?
Leadership, Business and Management course leader Dr Hamid Foroughi explains that studying for a business degree while working is possible and can enhance your career opportunities.
18 February 2022
4 min read
AACSB Business Alliance Member
Portsmouth Business School (PBS) is a member of the AACSB Business Education Alliance - the world’s largest network of business schools and organisations focused on advancing business education.
Explore more degrees
Related postgraduate courses
- Business and Computer Studies (Learning at Work) MA/MSc
- Business Communication for International Leadership MA
- Business Communication for International Leadership (with Professional Experience) MA
- Business Management (Learning at Work) MA/MSc
- Creative Industries MRes
- Data Analytics MSc
- Fashion Marketing MA
- Engineering and Management (Learning at Work) MA/MSc
- Engineering Project Management (Learning at Work) MA/MSc
- MPA Public Administration (Distance Learning) MPA
- MPA Public Administration Degree Apprenticeship (Distance Learning)
- Sport Management MSc
Undergraduate Open Days
Thinking about joining us as an undergrad? Book your spot at one of our upcoming Open Days.
Explore our island city and its many attractions, and find out what student life is really like at the University.
Find a course by subject area
Explore our degrees by subject area. Whatever your field of interest, our courses cater to your goals and experience, from accountancy and economics to sports science. Find your course now.