Find a computer games, animation or digital technologies course
Learn to develop, create and build a business in games or animation, for a career providing incredible experiences
Why study a Computer Games, Animation or Digital Technology degree?
Society's appetite for computer games and animation shows no signs of stopping. As technology advances, so does the depth, complexity and quality of games and entertainment – and that means a growing demand for qualified practitioners with the skills, knowledge and technical expertise required.
A Computer Games, Animation or Digital Technology degree is the perfect preparation for a career in a huge number of fields, from the computer games industry, to web development, TV production, animation, even healthcare.
Undergraduate Computer Games, Animation and Digital Technologies courses
- Animation BA (Hons)
- Computer Animation and Visual Effects BSc (Hons)
- Computer Games Art BA (Hons)
- Computer Games Design BA (Hons)
- Computer Games Enterprise BSc (Hons)
- Computer Games Technology BSc (Hons)
- Creative Computing BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons)
- Creative Computing With Foundation Year BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons)
- Creative Media Production HND
- Creative Media Technologies BSc (Hons)
- Creative Media Technologies Top-up BSc (Hons)
- Creative Technologies and Enterprise (Learning at Work) BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons)
- Digital Media BA (Hons)
- Virtual and Augmented Reality BSc (Hons)
6 reasons to do a Computer Games, Animation or Digital Technologies degree with us
- We've got some of the best facilities for visual effects and animation in the country, including a motion capture facility with professional software including NUKEX, Maya, 3DS Max, ZBrush, Houdini, Katana and Mari.
- For computer games courses, you can use professional software including Unreal Engine and Sony Playstation development kits.
- Both our BSc (Hons) Computer Games Enterprise course and our BSc (Hons) Computer Games Technology course won The Independent Games Association (TIGA) Best Educational Institution Award.
- Our courses are informed by our work with VFX studios, game developers and professional bodies such as TIGA, to keep the courses up-to-date with industry trends.
- You can do a placement year at a big name in the industry such as Intel, Sega, Climax and Industrial Light and Magic. Or set up your own company with our support.
- Follow in the footsteps of our previous graduates who've worked on acclaimed feature films and animations including Avatar, Life of Pi and The Amazing World of Gumball.
See what you can achieve on our Computer Games, Animation and Digital Technologies degrees
This course offers a lot of variety, and it feels like there's far more passion than from other universities' courses. It offers great opportunities to talk to industry too.
Accreditations and awards
Several of our courses are professionally accredited by JAMES (Joint Audio Media Education Support) and TIGA (The Independent Games Association). Accreditation means your degree ticks the boxes for employers looking for graduates with industry-relevant skills and knowledge.
Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries Graduate Show 2022
Explore our island city and its many attractions, and find out what student life is really like at the University.
Applying for courses
Find out how to apply for an undergraduate or postgraduate course or a pre-sessional English Language course at the University of Portsmouth.