Browse courses by subject
The smooth running of the modern world depends on the power of computing – and as that dependence grows, so does computing's potential to help solve some of the biggest challenges facing society.
If you love computers, enjoy the challenge of learning new things quickly, and like exploring how things work and why, computing could be for you. Build a future-proof professional portfolio and develop skills that are relevant to a huge variety of careers with a degree in computing.
Why study computing with us?
- We've got some of the best facilities in the country - high performance computing labs, usability labs with eye tracking equipment and forensics labs.
- You can do a placement year as part of your degree to gain valuable work experience before you graduate. Previous students have worked for IBM, BAE, Lilly, Kelway and Jagex.
- Combine your computing studies with teacher training, school teaching placements and a bursary.
- Computing will set you up for a career in network design, cyber security, web development, computer programming or digital analytics.
The skills I gained through this course have been crucial to starting my career in IT, and the lecturers were always incredibly helpful and supportive. Now, having been in the industry for only four years, I'm already leading a small team -- something I never thought I'd be doing!
Our computing courses are accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS), the Chartered Institute for IT. Accreditation means you can work towards Chartered Engineer or Chartered IT Professional.
Undergraduate Computing courses (2019/20 entry)
- Business Information Systems (Distance Learning Top-up) BSc (Hons)
- Business Information Systems BSc (Hons)
- Computer Networks BSc (Hons)
- Computer Science BSc (Hons)
- Computer Science MEng
- Computing and Information Systems (Distance Learning Top-Up) BSc (Hons)
- Computing BSc (Hons)
- Computing HND
- Cyber Security and Forensic Computing BSc (Hons)
- Data Science and Analytics BSc (Hons)
- Software Engineering BSc (Hons)
- Applied Computing (Learning At Work) BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons)
- Applied Science (Learning at Work) BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons)
- Business and Computer Studies (Learning at Work) BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons)
- Business and Systems Management BSc (Hons)
- Creative Technologies and Enterprise (Learning at Work) BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons)
- Digital Media BSc (Hons)
- Professional Studies (Learning at Work) BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons)
Postgraduate Computing courses (2019/20 entry)
- Applied Computing (Learning at Work) MA/MSc
- Business and Computer Studies (Learning at Work) MA/MSc
- Computer Network Administration and Management MSc
- Data Analytics MSc
- Forensic Information Technology MSc
- Geographical Information Systems MSc
- Information Systems MSc
- PGCE courses PGCE
- Professional Studies (Learning at Work) MA/MSc
- Technology MRes
- Computing and Creative Technologies MPhil and PhD