Sport science courses
Browse courses by subject
Why study Sport Science?
Depending on what you choose to study, your Sport Science degree could help you gain the knowledge needed to understand and enhance athletic performance. A degree in Sport Science could also help you get the expertise required to examine the role of the mind in sporting success, and develop the necessary skills to set up your own sports business.
Once you graduate with a Sport Science degree, you could follow our previous students into jobs such as sports therapist, physiologist, nutritionist, personal trainer, administrator and coach.
Undergraduate Sport Science courses
- Esports Coaching and Performance BSc (Hons)
- Sport and Exercise Psychology BSc (Hons)
- Sport and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)
- Sports Coaching Top-Up BSc (Hons)
- Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences (Dual Degree) BSc (Hons)
- Sport Management BSc (Hons)
- Sport Management Top-Up BSc (Hons)
Postgraduate Sport Science courses
- Clinical Exercise Science MSc
- Applied Exercise Physiology MSc
- Physiotherapy (Pre-Registration) MSc
- Professional Doctorate in Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Professional Doctorate in Sport, Exercise and Health Science
- Sport and Exercise Psychology MSc
- Sport and Exercise Science MPhil and PhD
- Sport Management MSc
- Sports Performance MSc
- Strength, Conditioning and Rehabilitation MSc
5 reasons to study Sport Science with us
- We've got impressive links with sporting bodies and professional organisations, and we're investing millions in our facilities – including £50 million in a new sports centre.
- Our School of Sport, Health and Exercise Science was awarded an Athena SWAN bronze award, recognising our commitment to good employment practice.
- You can use our gym and fitness studios and specialist facilities such as our motion capture systems.
- Portsmouth is a sporty city and home to the Great South Run, INEOS Team UK and Portsmouth Football Club.
- You can do a placement after your second year to get valuable work experience in the field and to develop your skills. Placement students usually work alongside local clubs, teams and organisations and often organise and promote sporting events. We'll help you find a placement for your aspirations.
The things I learned have definitely helped me to be a better sail trainer, and help me in my personal day-to-day exercising as well. You get good options as you progress for modules, do so many great practicals and labs, and the lecturers are fun and really enthusiastic too.
Our staff are accredited by the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences and the British Psychological Society. Accreditation means you'll be taught by experienced and qualified professionals.
Find out how you can discover the city, the University and our campus at one of our Open Days and Open Evenings.
Explore our island city and its many attractions, and find out what student life is really like at the University.