Computer games, animation and digital technologies courses
Browse courses by subject
Why study a Computer Games, Animation or Digital Technology degree?
Society's appetite for computer games and animation shows no signs of stopping. As technology advances, so does the depth, complexity and quality of games and entertainment – and that means a growing demand for qualified practitioners with the skills, knowledge and technical expertise required.
A Computer Games, Animation or Digital Technology degree is the perfect preparation for a career in a huge number of fields, from the computer games industry, to web development, TV production, animation, even healthcare.
6 reasons to do a Computer Games, Animation or Digital Technologies degree with us
- We've got some of the best facilities for visual effects and animation in the country, including a motion capture facility with professional software including NUKEX, Maya, 3DS Max, ZBrush, Houdini, Katana and Mari.
- For computer games courses, you can use professional software including Unreal Engine and Sony Playstation development kits.
- Both our BSc (Hons) Computer Games Enterprise course and our BSc (Hons) Computer Games Technology course won The Independent Games Association (TIGA) Best Educational Institution Award.
- Our courses are informed by our work with VFX studios, game developers and professional bodies such as TIGA, to keep the courses up-to-date with industry trends.
- You can do a placement year at a big name in the industry such as Intel, Sega, Climax and Industrial Light and Magic. Or set up your own company with our support.
- Follow in the footsteps of our previous graduates who've worked on acclaimed feature films and animations including Avatar, Life of Pi and The Amazing World of Gumball.
This course offers a lot of variety, and it feels like there's far more passion than from other universities' courses. It offers great opportunities to talk to industry too.
Several of our courses are professionally accredited by JAMES (Joint Audio Media Education Support) and TIGA (The Independent Games Association). Accreditation means your degree ticks the boxes for employers looking for graduates with industry-relevant skills and knowledge.
Undergraduate Computer games animation and Digital technologies courses
- Animation BA (Hons)
- Computer Animation and Visual Effects BSc (Hons)
- Computer Games Enterprise BSc (Hons)
- Computer Games Technology BSc (Hons)
- Creative Media Technologies BSc (Hons)
- Creative Technologies and Enterprise (Learning at Work) BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons)
- Digital Media BSc (Hons)
- Virtual and Augmented Reality BSc (Hons)
Still deciding what to study at university? Search for a degree from our list of subject areas to find the right course for you.
Portsmouth is a great place to live, whatever you decide to study. Hear from recent grads about why Portsmouth is one of the best student cities in the UK.