Find the criminology and forensic studies course for you
Prepare for a career in law enforcement, probation, security or counter-fraud
What can you do with a Criminology and Forensic Studies degree?
Crime affects everyone in society, and a Criminology and Forensic Studies degree is the perfect way to get the skills and knowledge needed to play your part in understanding and tackling one of the most enduring issues facing society.
When you study a Criminology and Forensic Studies degree, you'll explore why criminals behave the way they do and consider ways of identifying and preventing crime using techniques from forensics to cyber technology.
Depending on the course you choose, you'll also gain the sociological, psychological and forensic skills required to follow our previous students into graduate jobs in the fields of law enforcement, probation, crime rehabilitation, cybercrime, counter fraud and crime prevention.
We have excellent links with key bodies in the industry – such as the National Crime Squad and the National Cyber Security Centre, and the Cabinet Office – and you'll have the option of doing a placement year in industry as part of your degree, to gain valuable experience before you graduate.
Undergraduate Criminology and Forensic studies courses
- Criminology and Criminal Justice BSc (Hons)
- Criminology and Criminal Justice (Distance Learning) BSc (Hons)
- Criminology and Cybercrime BSc (Hons)
- Criminology and Forensic Studies BSc (Hons)
- Criminology with Psychology BSc (Hons)
- Counter Terrorism, Intelligence and Cybercrime (Dual Degree) BSc (Hons)
- Policing and Investigation (Distance Learning) BSc (Hons)
- Professional Policing BSc (Hons)
- Risk and Security Management (Distance Learning) BSc (Hons)
- Sociology with Criminology BSc (Hons)
Postgraduate Criminology and Forensic studies courses
- Corporate Governance and Law/Grad ICSA LLM
- Criminal Psychology MSc
- Criminal Psychology and Victimology (Distance Learning) MSc
- Cybercrime (Distance Learning) MSc
- Cybercrime, Terrorism and Security MSc
- Cyber Security and Digital Forensics (Study online) MSc
- Economic Crime MSc
- Forensic Accounting MSc
- Forensic Information Technology MSc
- Forensic Investigation MSc
- Forensic Psychology MSc
- International Criminal Justice and Intelligence MSc
- Law LLM
- Professional Studies (Learning at Work) MA/MSc
- Terrorism and Security Management (Distance Learning) MSc
Postgraduate research Criminology and Forensic studies courses
Since graduating from this course, I've worked for Surrey Police, the Metropolitan Police and Hampshire Police, and now I'm training as a detective. Having visited a number of other universities, it's clear that Portsmouth is committed to leading the way in Criminology.
University Open Days, tours and events
Thinking about joining us? Book your spot at one of our upcoming Open Days.
Explore our island city and its many attractions, and find out what student life is really like at the University.
Find an undergraduate or postgraduate degree course that suits you at Portsmouth.