Criminology and forensic studies courses
Browse courses by subject
What can you do with a Criminology and Forensic Studies degree?
Crime affects everyone in society, and a Criminology and Forensic Studies degree is the perfect way to get the skills and knowledge needed to play your part in understanding and tackling one of the most enduring issues facing society.
When you study a Criminology and Forensic Studies degree, you'll explore why criminals behave the way they do and consider ways of identifying and preventing crime using techniques from forensics to cyber technology.
Depending on the course you choose, you'll also gain the sociological, psychological and forensic skills required to follow our previous students into graduate jobs in the fields of law enforcement, probation, crime rehabilitation, cybercrime, counter fraud and crime prevention.
We have excellent links with key bodies in the industry – such as the National Crime Squad and the National Cyber Security Centre, and the Cabinet Office – and you'll have the option of doing a placement year in industry as part of your degree, to gain valuable experience before you graduate.
No.1 university in the UK for graduate salary boost (The Economist, 2017)
Top 30 in the UK for student satisfaction (National Student Survey (NSS) 2020)
Since graduating from this course, I've worked for Surrey Police, the Metropolitan Police and Hampshire Police, and now I'm training as a detective. Having visited a number of other universities, it's clear that Portsmouth is committed to leading the way in Criminology.
Undergraduate Criminology and Forensic studies courses
- Crime and Criminology (Distance Learning) BSc (Hons)
- Criminology and Criminal Justice BSc (Hons)
- Criminology and Cybercrime BSc (Hons)
- Criminology and Forensic Studies BSc (Hons)
- Criminology with Psychology BSc (Hons)
- Policing and Investigation (Distance Learning) BSc (Hons)
- Risk and Security Management (Distance Learning) BSc (Hons)
- Sociology with Criminology BSc (Hons)
Postgraduate Criminology and Forensic studies courses
- Corporate Governance and Law/Grad ICSA LLM
- Counter Fraud and Counter Corruption MSc
- Crime Science MSc
- Criminal Justice MSc
- Criminal Psychology MSc
- Criminology MSc
- Cybercrime MSc
- Dispute Resolution LLM/PgCert
- Forensic Accounting MSc
- Forensic Information Technology MSc
- Forensic Investigation MSc
- Forensic Psychology MSc
- Intelligence MSc
- International Criminal Justice MSc
- Law LLM
- Professional Studies (Learning at Work) MA/MSc
- Security Management MSc
- Victimology MSc
Postgraduate research Criminology and Forensic studies courses
Find out how you can discover the city, the University and our campus at one of our Open Days and Open Evenings.
Explore our island city and its many attractions, and find out what student life is really like at the University.