On this page, you'll find information about where you can meet us in your region, what you need to do to apply for a course with us and contact details for our people in your area.
Entry requirements for students from Brazil
If you're joining us from Brazil, the entry requirements you need to meet will depend on the course you want to study.
We consider all applications we receive. However, to make sure you get the most out of your time studying with us and have the best chance of applying successfully, we recommend the following minimum qualifications:
If you take the Bachillerato (secondary school certificates), such as Titulo de Bachiller Académico or Titulo de Bachiller Técnico, you'll usually need to do a foundation year before doing an undergraduate course such as a Bachelor's degree.
We recommend you take a foundation course at our associated college International College Portsmouth (ICP).
If you've completed the Certificado de Ensino Medio plus one year at a recognised university in Brazil, we'll consider you for admission onto an undergraduate course such as a Bachelor's degree. You must have studied relevant subjects and achieved strong grades.
If you don't have a Certificado de Ensino Medio, you can apply with:
- Please check your specific course page to find the exact number of points needed. Your A level grades should equal or exceed the total points required. You can use the UCAS Tariff Calculator to work out your total points.
- Some courses will require you to have studied specific subjects at A level. For example, to study a science course you will usually need to have achieved passing grades in scientific subjects at A level.
- A level points: A* = 56 A = 48 B = 40 C = 32 D = 24
- Most courses will require between 24 and 31 points in the International Baccalaureate (IB), depending on the degree you apply for.
You may be able to join an undergraduate course with other qualifications. We do consider qualifications from a range of sources. Contact us to find out more.
For entry to our postgraduate Master's programmes, you'll usually need to have one of the following from a recognised Higher Education institution:
- a Licenciado (four years of study)
- a Bacharel
- a Titulo Profissional (Bachelor's degree standard – four years or more)
- From 2.8 on a scale of 1-4
- From 7 on a scale of 1-10
You can also do a postgraduate course with us if you have a degree from a Federal, Catholic or State university, if the courses you studied are rated A+B or if you have relevant work experience.
If you don't meet the postgraduate entry requirements, you can do a pre-Master's programme at International College Portsmouth (ICP) for many of our courses.
We'll consider you for a PhD if you have a good Masters' degree and submit a research proposal.
English language requirements
When you join us, it’s important that you can speak and understand English to the level that your course requires. The specific English language requirements will be on your chosen course page.
We accept IELTS, IGCSE and several other certificates, but don’t worry if you're currently short of the standard required – we offer English Language Programmes that will get you to the necessary level.
What to do next
Our Global Officers are experts in helping students from Brazil, like you, to apply to join us. Whatever you want to know, just ask.
Scholarships and Bursaries
As a student from Brazil, you can apply for various scholarships and bursaries, including the international alumni referral award, PassPort Bursary and Chevening Scholarship. You can find more information about these on our funding page.
Representatives and agents
If you want to learn more about studying with us or you want help with your application, contact one of our official representatives in Brazil.