Geography and environmental science courses
Browse courses by subject
Geography and Environmental Sciences involves exploring the planet's scientific processes and physical structures, and studying our impact on the world.
An undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in this area could prepare you for a career as an urban planner, environmental consultant, geographical information scientist, sustainability specialist, or for a role in conservation or wildlife protection.
Why study geography and environmental science with us?
- Our location on the south coast of England means you have many opportunities for field work in places like the Isle of Wight and the Jurassic Coast.
- Several of our courses include a European residential field class. Previous students have gone to Lapland, Berlin, Barcelona, Malta and Sicily.
- Broaden your horizons at lectures given by guest speakers from public, private and non-profit sectors.
- Depending on your course, you could do a placement year to gain valuable work experience. Previous students have worked for the Environment Agency, Natural England, the Ordnance Survey, Dover Port Authority and the Solent Forum.
- Our facilities include Geographical Information System (GIS) and photogrammetry labs, laser survey technology, photogrammetry equipment, an environmental simulation cabinet and equipment for testing natural waters and materials.
The geography course was really enjoyable, and offered everything that I'm interested in. The staff were always willing to give up their time to help you -- and thanks to them, I was able to join Transport for London's grad scheme. And in just a year, I've found that three of the modules I did in my final year have come in handy!
- Environmental Management BSc (Hons)
- Environmental Science BSc (Hons)
- Geography BA (Hons)
- Geography BSc (Hons)
- Marine Environmental Science BSc (Hons)
- Applied Science (Learning at Work) MA/MSc
- Civil Engineering with Environmental Engineering MSc
- Civil Engineering with Geotechnical Engineering MSc
- Coastal and Marine Resource Management MSc
- Engineering Geology MSc
- Environmental Geology and Contamination MSc
- Geographical Information Systems MSc
- Geological and Environmental Hazards MSc
- Maritime Studies (Learning at Work) MSc
- PGCE courses PGCE
- Professional Studies (Learning at Work) MA/MSc
- Science MRes
- Earth and Environmental Sciences MPhil and PhD